I've been in the geese business this week--flying geese that is. In order to join the sampler blocks together, 48 flying geese had to be constructed. The three colors used were green, rose, and red. And, of course, by the time I got to the 37th one, I finally got the technique truly down. Which is really good since the rest of the quilt has mucho, mucho flying geese used in multiple borders.
The geese were sewn into geese units and then sashed.
Then the fun began. These geese units were used to join the sampler blocks made previously, and then the blocks were attached to the medallion.
When the quilt is completed, this section is set on point. I was unable to get it in a photo with it turned. It now measures 49 inches on a side.
Also the color is a little off. The areas that appear white are actually tan. (More the color shown in the pics of the flying geese sections) Again so much for my photographic skills. Hey, one thing at a time. I'm learning new quilting techniques and learning to blog. I'll work on photography later.
I was so excited to finally get all these separate blocks together. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.