Friday, December 9, 2011

My Holiday Treat

Ah, the joy of a project completed!  My Asian quilt project came to an end last night. I'm dancing on air, giving big sighs of relief, and feeling so full of myself.

Last spring I moved into a new house and found myself with a large basement bedroom and no furniture.  So I quickly bought a king-size bed, found just the right night stands for half price at a "Going out of Business Sale", and was lucky to find lamps at Hobby Lobby that were the same metal finish as the bed's headboard.  Only problem was all I had to cover the bed was a ratty, summer quilt (a rather failed project to begin with).  Therefore there was nothing to do but make a new king-sized quilt.   I started it in June and completing it in Dec. makes for a great holiday treat. 

I have loved this pattern as it is both quick, easy, and striking.  I'm thinking of all kinds of projects in which I can incorporate "braids".  This time, though, I'M MAKING SOMETHING SMALL!!!.  This is an oft repeated litany of mine.  Maybe sometime I will adhere to it as I've already started another king-size quilt for the bed upstairs.




I am linking up with Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict.



6 comments:

  1. That is SO beautiful!! I really like the pillow shams that match too. You should link up at confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com for Sarah's Can I Get a Whoop-Whoop? Friday linky party. You deserve a lot of whoop-whoops for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I LOVE this quilt. The shams are a perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! Nice job. A king scares me, infact I just down sized to a queen, much to my husbands dismay, so that I would be able to make a quilt for our bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, that's an amazing quilt! I love the colors, and certainly admire your ability to make a king-sized quilt. I need to make one myself! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you framed your braids & varied the colors within. Very striking! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The asian prints are beautiful! I love the variety of fabrics in it. Definitely many whoop whoops!

    ReplyDelete